Broken Windshield Replacements
Driving with spider-web cracks in your windshield is annoying and hazardous for everyone on the road. Don't put yourself and other drivers at risk by letting the broken windshield go unfixed. At Polzin Glass, we offer broken windshield repairs and total replacements for any make or model vehicle.
Our professionally trained glass technicians can repair small chips in your windshield or provide a complete window replacement if needed.
We're insurance approved, so you don't have to worry about spending much money on your replacement or repair.
Frequently Asked Questions
We use OEM quality windshields and OEM quality urethane. This urethane dries quickly and you are able to safely drive away within an hour of installation.
It is not necessary to wait with your vehicle. You can drop off your vehicle the night before if you wish. Please get in touch with Polzin Glass to learn more.
When possible, our technician will take great care to remove any stickers or items on your old windshield and save them for you.
Original Equipment Manufacturer. These manufacturers supply auto glass and windshields directly to auto-makers. This means that OEM replacement windshields are to fit like the original glass and rubber, with the same safety features. "OEM quality glass" means that it is as close as you can get to your original glass, -it is not cheap or inferior quality glass. Specific controls must be met in the manufacturing process, and quality inspections completed to be able to install OEM quality glass. You are getting the highest windshield quality available for your vehicle.
At Polzin Glass, we have a controlled climate installation area. Plus, it aligns with our commitment to replace your windshield in the same quality environment as it was initially installed. With our installation area, you do not have to worry about weather, drying or leaks. It is all controlled, and we make sure your windshield meets the standards.
Your windshield will be back to its original quality with a proper installation.
Not if the windshield is installed correctly, and if you follow some simple instructions:
- No car wash for a minimum of 24 hours is recommended.
Once you have a crack in your windshield, it weakens the overall integrity of the windshield itself. The windshield is also a large part of the structural strength of the entire roof of the vehicle. That could put both you and your family at risk if you were in an accident.
Depending on your insurance coverage, a car windshield repair may be at no cost to you. At Polzin Glass, we work with your insurance provider to process the claim and make sure your windshield is restored back to its original condition.
Auto Glass Safety Checklist
We follow AGRSS.
- Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standard
- This is a must! This standard ensures that; the work will be performed by certified installers and that we are required to meet ALL your vehicle manufacturer’s requirements for a safe and proper installation. So you can be sure you and your family are safe after the work is done. Your safety is our # 1 concern. Go to safewindshields.com for more information. (We were one of the first 100 glass shops in the world to register with AGRSS.)
We have Certified Installers.
- Certification tests are taken by all installers, as well as continuous training, to stay current with the changes in the industry.
We always have 2 Installers.
- This ensures that the windshield will be set perfectly, like in the factory.
Our Installers follow the Full-Cutout Method.
- This is very important. Some companies/installers don’t follow this to save time and use fewer products. The Full-Cutout Method is the ONLY method approved by ALL vehicle manufacturers.
We use OEM quality glass and urethane.
- Original Equipment Manufacturer, OEM quality is the best available. Insist on having OEM quality products used for your vehicle. There are cheaper products out there, and some companies are willing to cut corners by using those products and skipping essential steps in the replacement process. What’s more important, your safety or a few dollars?
We provide a Warranty.
- We stand behind our work. That means we are confident that the job will be done right the first time and that it will be taken care of if there is a problem. Whether it’s an air noise, a water leak or a stress crack.
Do the Passenger’s side Air Bag and the Roof of my vehicle count on the windshield to be installed properly?
- YES! The passenger’s side airbag can hit the windshield at over 200mph! If the w/s is not installed correctly, it could pop out during an accident, significantly increasing the possibility of more severe injuries or death.
- YES! The w/s and back window of your vehicle can provide up to 60% of the roof strength in a rollover accident. If either one is incorrectly installed, it may fail to hold up the roof, which could cause it to collapse down on the passengers. As manufacturers continue to find ways to make vehicles lighter and cheaper to produce, glass is being counted on even more as one of your vehicle's most important safety features.
Remember that Minnesota State Law allows YOU to choose who replaces your windshield, so to make sure it’s done right, make Polzin Glass your first call or go to www.polzinglass.com . We will take care of the insurance paperwork for you.
Have more questions about this information? Give us a call or e-mail us.